Follow by Email

THE BLIND TEST

English: African Hut at Bana, a small village ...
In the desert behind Kastina
There lived a blind man in the year 1999

In a hut there by himself
He lived alone like an outcast
Always willing to greet the passers-by

Good day, passers-by, please identify your gender
Whether single lady maybe ugly I do not mind…
Volunteer to be my wife to share this hut of mine

Yet in that year 1999
That man living alone and blind
Always received a disappointing replies

“Who will marry a wretch that cannot see?”
“Abomination! It won’t speak well of me”
Some will even say:
“I’ll rather remain spinster
Than to marry thee”

Until one fateful day
When sun shining up ahead was that of hell

The passer-by was a girl of eighteen
Spotless like faery with Shakira hips
Looking like a queen

The young lass of eighteen replied:
“Man! Be mindful of the song you sing that comes not from the heart”

The lonely blind man replied:
“I see not what I speak, but what I speak is the message from my heart”

The young lass of eighteen replied:
“Man! I’ve loved thee since fourteen and I’m done hiding it;
So if truth be what you speak then so be it.”

A week after sharing his hut with the girl
The blind man removed his sun glass of disguise
Ah! Never was he blind, what a surprise!

Took the girl by hand to the big city of Kastina
Where waited his castle with flashy cars;
The blind man said to the girl:
Only you believe love can be blind
So as a reward for true love,
In this my castle shall we live till we die.

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry check the link below
  345poet
Blind?

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-