DINED WITH DEATH

DINE WITH DEATH (a poem witten by Prince Adewale Oreshade)

The day the
Home is famished
May I not be at home

The day the
Road is famished
May I be at home

The day the
Earth is famished
May I be in clouds

The day the
Cloud is famished
May I be at home

Even if I were at home
When haunted home
Gets famished

If I were on road
The day rash road
Gets famished

If I were on shaky
Earth the day shaky
Earth gets famished

If I were in clouds
The day crying clouds
Get so famished

My blood shall not be
Spilt for I have dined
Death when no man did

I do not fear the
Hunger of death since
Death had dined with me

The child that cleans
Well his hands surely
Will dine with the elders

Oya has cleaned my hands
Well with its waters
And I have dined

With death at the
Crossroads filled with
Palm oil, coins and eggs

Palm oil: so that I
Shine all my long happy
life with success in me

Coins: so that my
Pockets shall cry
Of only riches

Eggs: so that my
Life shall give lives
So white and shelled

I do not fear the
Hunger of death since
Death had dined with me

He shall do me no harm
For our oily hands
Have washed themselves

Even if death roars
The sea and the
Ship pours

I know I
Shall not die
For I have dined

Prince Adewale Oreshade wrote this poem. He's one of the most promising upcoming contemporary poets in Nigeria. His creative style is always superb. Search him on facebook.com

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

*Ads

Huge Income Via Native Ads [Adnow]

Join The Best Adsense Alternative [Revenuehits]

Earn More Than 10% In Referral Revenue [Infolinks]

Get 5% From Publishers’ Revenue You Refer [Infolinks]

10% lifetime revshare from your referred members earnings[PopMyAds]

Easy Way To Receive Or Send Money[Skrill]

Quick Approval Native Ads Network[PayClick]

Earn While You Snore [Exoclick]

______________________

Popular Posts