Follow by Email

A Tale Of Nonsense

Come! let me decieve you
With gown and beret
Of innocence like born-again christians

Come!
‘Cos I’m at the point
Where the three eyed owl
Will narrate the happenings
At the carnival of follies in
The land of the snakes
Where president of my state was
A comical cowboy

I was there as well
So intoxicated with
The beer brewed from
Sweat of grasses and
Tears of insects and

Yes, I was There so intoxicated
I told Mrs. History:
“Excuse me dance.”

She vexed
She was more than sixty
She told me how she first mothered me
In 1343

Being a spoilt prince
Who played with limousines
As toys in 1343

Who gambled with golds
At gladiators den in 1343

Who loved to rinse his hands
In fountain of liquors
After meal after meal in 1343

Mrs. History vexed and reminded me
How I loved to sit on air
For air were growing as trees
In 1343

She reminded me
How I loved to sit on air
And watch the rivers turn grey in the morning
And indigo in the evening
Then black at night in 1343

She reminded me of how
I used to reach for heaven with ladder I borrowed
From Mr. Horrock
As to break block and lick it
Because
Heaven used to be glacier
In 1343

So before you get carried away by this tale
Don’t forget this tale is titled
“A Tale of Nonsense”
In case you want to tell someone else.

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-