Follow by Email

The Secret Known To Two Eyes

null

I know you have ears
listen attentively
I'm revealing
the secret known to
two eyes
two legs
two ears
one mouth
one mind
one head
one me and myself
and at the end
you'll applaud this verse
with thy mind
what is it? Cunning is
what I brought to thy hearing

Many men say: tortoise is most cunning

What about hare?

Let me weave you this yarn,
in the days of yore
animal land was famine
hunger and thinning
all animals were bony
tortoise in company of birds
went to feast in heaven
only hare was fresh
fresher than the skin of kings
eating and wining daily
has been selling fellow animals
in exchange for food

"My food reserve is down.
Only few food left,
what am I to do?"

The hare journeyed
40 days and 40 nights
visited goddess of vegetables.

"O! Goddess!
Here I come to strike you a deal.
Give me bag of food and
I shall give you a fellow animal
with whom melody in his roar
will make you swerve and swing all day"

While the goddess waited by the border land
Mr. Hare visited Mr. Leopard
and said:

"Hello! My good friend.
You are cannibal
I am not but
at the border of the land
I found seven motherless puppies
crying with no care
kindly make this a secret"

The leopard followed the hare
whistling as they went
while he whistled through the path
other leopard followed quietly
through the bush
suddenly at the target spot
ropes of vegetables entwined
Mr. Leopard to make him a slave

At the rescue of other Leopards
there was a battle of rage
Mr. Hare took to race
32 leopards behind
he was angrily chased
ran under a rock and
digged into the soil
till this moment
there he lives.

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry
(swinging high, not by might)

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-