Follow by Email

If I Could Picnic Up Above


Image from4-designer web

Some wishes are within reach
some are castles in the air;
so I lay down this wish of mine
amidst the petals of poetry

Oh! I wish
I could picnic up above
I'll pick the rainbow
to make muffler round my neck
visiting the eighty eight
regions of the sky

With my square and compass
I'll measure and calculate
the indigo desert
people call the sky

I'll make my tent_
mash tomato and pepper
to serve my rice and beans
with a bottle of Pepsi
near an oasis in the sky

I'll cast a spell on the moon
I'll make it a volleyball
to play with my darling lady
in the sand of the sky

I'll make a bead of stars
a gift to my lady
wearing it round her neck
glittering
while singing song of love
amidst the nightly sky

In love,
we'll watch the aeronauts of the birds
we'll swim in clouds of the rains to come
we'll warm ourselves in heat of the sun
we'll enjoy the pleasures of the sky

Oh! I wish
I could picnic up above,
it would be with my lady
the only one I truly love.

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry
( the Leo with a keen heart of love)

The Picnic: Recipes and Inspiration from Basket to Blanket


(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-62803820-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-