Follow by Email

I Have God In Me

I watched through the beauty of my window tonight
As God watching through the window of heaven but
All I see is sliding adverts watching over the overhead bridge
Like bodyguard watching over a celebrity
Darkness has erased the beauty of coloured things
And all I see is headlights and rearlights
Racing to and fro the double tarred road
The one that caught attention most
Was a resurrected locomotive with
Roughly panel-beaters' perforated body
She trudged the road rumbling like
An angry thunder rumbling to rain
With her lousy silencer making
Public nuisance of herself_
I watched through the beauty of my window tonight
Then I realized
I've got God in me
I'm grateful for this, Lord.

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry
(the Leo with wings soaring)

POETIC DIGEST:-
Simile occurred in three different lines of the poem above. Simile can be defined as a figure of speech in which one thing is compared to another with the use of "like" or "as".

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-