5 Kinds Of Retail Outlets Goods Are Sold
Supermarkets, Mobile shops, Department stores, Chain stores, Hawking.
(1) Supermarkets:- They are large self-service shops which have wide
range of household goods contain attached price tags. Supermarkets are
mostly located in urban areas.
(2) Mobile Shops:- They are motorised shops. They are vehicles which
carry vendors and their goods from place to place for the purpose of
making sales. Due to the size of vehicles, they deal with limited
goods or specialize in the sales of certain goods. Mobile shops do
play music to attract customers.
(3) Department stores:- They are multiple shops under a certain roof
where each shop has its own owner and sells variety of goods. They
have opportunity for convenient facilities and do offer self-services.
(4) Chain Stores:- They are shops with branches in multiple places
having the same name and logo all over but have a headoffice where
their sales and purchases are centralised. They sell one line of
(5) Hawking:- This is the practice of trading where a trader carries
his or her stocks looking for who to buy. This is mostly done when
selling perishable or consumable goods and this practice mostly
require small capital. The seller creates awareness through strategic
song, shout or signal while he or she moves around.