Uses Of Hydrogen And Oxygen
Hydrogen is the lightest chemical with an atomic number of 1 and
atomic weight of 1.00794. Its chemical symbol is "H".
(1) Hydrogen is used in oxy-hydrogen flame to produce high temperature
for welding metals.
(2) Hydrogen is used in filling balloon and air ship.
(3) Hydroden can also be used as a fuel.
(4) Hydrogen can also be used in the manufacture of ammonia by Haber's process.
(5) Hydrogen can be used for hardening fats and oils for the
production of margarine.
It is a chemical element with an atomic number 8 and a relative atomic
mass of 15.9994. Oxygen is the most abundant element on earth; its
symbol is "O".
(1) Oxygen is used as oxyacetylene flame in welding.
(2) Oxygen is used in making steel for the removal of carbon, sulphur
and phosphorous impurities from iron.
(3) Oxygen is used when in liquid form with fuel as propellant for
(4) Oxygen is used in the manufacture of important chemicals like H2SO4acid.
(5) Oxygen is used in respiration for animals and human beings survival.