10 Funny Inter-House Sport Events
Inter house sports competition is one of the outside classroom activities that is found in schools curriculum; both at the primary and secondary level. In spite of the fact that inter house sport tournaments focuses on showcasing students athletic talents (among other things); it can also be a very funny and laughter inducing event.
Here are few of the funny or comical race that you can find in an inter house sport tournament which normally make spectators laugh their ribs out.
1) Staff Race: This is a race which involves all the staff of an institution coming to the track to run. The funny part of this race is that both slim and fat both fit and unfit are involved.
2) Old Boys/Girls Race: This is a race which involves all the alumni of a particular school coming to the track to run. The funny part of this race is that it is similar to the Staff Race.
3) Threading The Needle: This is also another event at an inter-house sport that can turn out to be very funny; it has to do with contestants passing some certain amount of thread through needles.
4) Wheeling The Tyre: Okay, seriously, this always turns out to be very funny, most especially when contestants tyres run into each other's tracks causing obstructions. Abandoned vehicle tyre or that of motorcycle are used in such race; very funny though.
5) Catching The Train: It is still very hard to conclude which is the funniest between Catching The Train and The Skipping Race.
6) The Skipping Race: It involves each contestant with skipping rope in hand, skipping towards the finished line.
7) The three Legged Race: In this kind of race, two contestants belonging to the same team have one person's right leg tied to the other person's left leg, other teams to participate in the three legged race must do the same that the contestants can run with three legs.
8) The Lime and Spoon Race: In this funny race, each contestant will run to the finished line with a lime placed in a spoon.
9) The Sack Race: Contestants stand in a sack and once they hear the shot of the starting gun, they begin to run while in the sack and funny part of it is that the lack room in the sack to pace the leg makes many contestants fall many times before the end of the race.
10) The Candle Race: Here, the contestants walk rather than run. They hold a lit candle in hand and guard it from the breeze while they walk carefully to the finished line because a blown off candle disqualifies a contestant from the race.
The major events of an inter-house competition are as follows:-
100 metres junior boy
100 metres junior girls
75 metres boys
75 metres girls
50 metres nursery boy
50 metres nursery girls
100 metres senior boys
100 metres senior girls
200 metres boys
200 metres girls
High jump boys
High jump girls
Long jump girls
Long jump (boys)
Relay race boys
Relay race girls