Travelling

Travelling
A good thing

A strange land they say:
A good place to breed
Family

Somewhere in UK I’m dreaming
To be

I can see
In the telly
Your peaceful street
Your beautiful skin
Where crime is not in your wardrobe
Inflation is not a citizen
Of your nation

Oh UK! Oh UK!!
Should I unpack my bags now?

Oh UK!
Harken!
Unto the cry of a strange tongue
Enquiring

Asking
How do I live you
Sleeping
The nights with two eyes closed?

At least
Odysseus lived peacefully
With Kalypso

Badroulbadour
And Aladdin
Were happy in emperor’s kingdom

Even Oduduwa
And Agbonmiregun also lived
In Ile-Ife in unity

The beauty and the beast
Were at peace
With each and each

So what will become of UK and me?

I’m black
I’m strange
I’m naive
I need to know now
I need to know how to live your town
To live as one
For long

With my wife and children
And survive?

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry
(the Leo with wings flying)

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

*Ads

Huge Income Via Native Ads [Adnow]

Join The Best Adsense Alternative [Revenuehits]

Earn More Than 10% In Referral Revenue [Infolinks]

Get 5% From Publishers’ Revenue You Refer [Infolinks]

10% lifetime revshare from your referred members earnings[PopMyAds]

Easy Way To Receive Or Send Money[Skrill]

Quick Approval Native Ads Network[PayClick]

Earn While You Snore [Exoclick]

______________________

Popular Posts