Follow by Email

I Search For An African

I search for an African
A man with blackness in his skin
One that knows the words to a libation
Yes, I search for the son of a Negro!
I search for an African
Not the slave of any other man
Not a pundit to any other believe
But one who knows his roots
One who understands the wave of his branches
Yes, I search for greatness!
Tell me of an African
One not shy to speak his voice
One not weak to stand for his land
If Africa will leap forward
Then I search for an African!
I search for the sands of blackness
Not an assembly of praise singers
Not a camp of power greeds
But men with solid faith in the black creed
Men with their lives given in full
To liberate their origin and their home
To liberate their religion and their race
Yes, I search for essence!
©Samjeed Poetry Collection. July, 2016.
samjeed poetry collection is on facebook, like today.

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-