Follow by Email

If I Become President Today

If I become president today
I'll focus on leaders of tomorrow
Schooling is too long and meaningless
I'll adopt schooling_ short and meaningful
Fulltime from primary to J. S. 2
Then two years schooling while working
No strike, no absurd curriculum,
No unstable and destabilizing school fee
No segregated school for looters' kids
No federal school, state school or mega school
No community school or Christian school
No Muslim or private or military school
School is school; why these adjective for God sake?
In unity we stand; divided we fall
This dying education I will reawake
Fifty percent budget for school and welfare
In unity we stand; divided we fall
No career must earn higher than teacher
If I become president today
I'll focus on a better tomorrow
What is worth doing is worth doing well
I'll create NYSC and post-NYSC scheme
No crappy Sure-Pee, or crappy related nonsense
Not even the mediocre Hemp-power scheme
With flimsy hope snatched after two years
If I become president today_
Well, only God knows tomorrow
I'll create a rock solid youth empowerment
Build a social atmosphere in orphanages
I see waifs and strays and lunatics roam the street...
A conducive rehab I'll put in place
A godfearing welfare scheme for the aged
For these hardworking adults of today
To sit peacefully in their peaceful smart-homes
And watch youths governor their tomorrows;
It is now proven here and there, everywhere
Any nation governed by a fidgety gray hair,
Is a failed and decomposing one.

Samuel C. Enunwa aka samueldpoetry
(the Leo with wings flying)

No comments:

THE ARTICLES YOU MUST READ BELOW:-